Related Content

Related Overviews


More Like This

Show all results sharing this subject:

  • Art & Architecture


Show Summary Details



Quick Reference

Term for gluing a canvas on to a wall, whether before painting it or afterwards. In French maroufle means a sticky mixture of the remains of paint left in the artist's pots, and maroufler may describe almost any operation that might be carried out with such a glue, for example lining one canvas with another to strengthen it.

Reference entries

View all reference entries »