- One is never too old for romance.
Sunday Mirror 5 May 1974 1915–82 Swedish actress: in
- The essence of romantic love is that wonderful beginning, after which sadness and impossibility may become the rule.
A Friend From England (1987) 1928–2016 British novelist and art historian:
- Personally, I can't see why it would be any less romantic to find a husband in a nice four-colour catalogue than in the average downtown bar at happy hour.
The Worst Years of Our Lives (1991) ‘Tales of the Man Shortage’ 1941– American sociologist and writer:
- I have met with women whom I really think would like to be married to a poem and to be given away by a novel. 1795–1821 English poet: letter to Fanny Brawne, 8 July 1819
- It's our own story exactly! He bold as a hawk, she soft as the dawn.
New Yorker 25 February 1939 1894–1961 American humorist: cartoon caption in