- The first law of dietetics seems to be: if it tastes good, it's bad for you. 1920–92 Russian-born biochemist and science fiction writer: attributed
- The right diet directs sexual energy into the parts that matter.
Observer 11 January 1981 1901–2000 English writer: in
- Whatever may be the quantity that a man eats, it is plain that if he is too fat, he has eaten more than he should have done.
Life of Samuel Johnson (1791) 28 April 1783 1709–84 English poet, critic, and lexicographer: James Boswell
- Food is an important part of a balanced Diet.
Metropolitan Life (1978) 1950– American writer:
- Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
Women's Wear Daily 13 November 2009 1974– English model: when asked for her motto, in