- Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.
Jaws 2 (1978 film): publicity for
- It would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!
of the disaster movie Raise the Titanic
Still Dancing: My Story (1987) 1906–98 British television producer and executive:
- I just couldn’t go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I’d had enough of the mumbo-jumbo.
of his refusal to play Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars sequels 1914–2000 English actor: attributed, September 1998
- If we'd had as many soldiers as that, we'd have won the war!
on seeing the number of Confederate troops in Gone with the Wind at the 1939 premiere
Gable and Lombard (1976) 1900–49 American novelist: W. G. Harris
- It is like writing history with lightning. And my only regret is that it is all so terribly true.
on seeing D. W. Griffith's film The Birth of a Nation 1856–1924 American Democratic statesman, 28th President 1913–21: at the White House, 18 February 1915