The Oxford Companion to Food (2 ed.) is among 6 new titles added to the Oxford Reference Library in the January release. This release also sees over 300 new entries added to A Dictionary of Abbreviations expanding the economics content, and new functionality to help make your user experience even better.
New Oxford Reference Library titles:
- The Oxford Companion to Food (2 ed.)
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Military and Diplomatic History
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Political and Legal History
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Social History
- Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (19 ed.)
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America (2 ed.)
- Libraries are now able to restrict search and browse results to full-text content only. Please contact our Customer Services team to request your account preference be changed to have the 'Show full text results only' filter checked by default.
- Annotation functionality: Select text to highlight and annotate with your own notes. This feature is activated by signing in to your 'My Work' account where your annotations can be stored and managed
- Oxford Dictionaries Online widget: Double click a word and see the free definition in Oxford Dictionaries Online
- Leave Feedback: You can now leave feedback about how useful you found entries in Oxford Reference using the box at the bottom of each entry
Also, read the latest Feature Article Love birds and yarrow by Jacqueline Simpson and Steve Roud, authors of A Dictionary of English Folklore, who are exploring the fascinating history of the Valentine celebration of anonymous declarations of love.