- The filth and the fury.
following a notorious interview with the Sex Pistols broadcast live on Thames Television
Daily Mirror, 2 December 1976: headline in
- I thought punk was a good idea—like someone shaking an apple tree until all the bad ones fell off and you’d just got the good ones left.
Genesis: a biography (1992) 1951– British rock musician: D. Bowler and D. Dray
- Sex and drugs and rock and roll. 1942–2000 British rock singer and songwriter: title of song (1977)
- Hardly anyone bought the Velvets' albums when they were originally released, but everyone who did formed a band.
of the American rock group Velvet Underground, formed in 1965 1948– British musician and record producer: attributed
- Most people get into bands for three very simple rock and roll reasons: to get laid, to get fame, and to get rich.
Melody Maker 27 August 1977 1954– Irish rock musician: in
- I'm dealing in rock'n'roll. I'm, like, I'm not a bona fide human being. 1940– American record producer and songwriter: attributed