Full list of titles in Oxford Reference
View the list of titles on Oxford Reference
Click on the link to see a full list of all books in Oxford Reference. The list of books on Oxford Reference can then be refined by selecting the following options in the left-hand table of contents:
- By reference type – choose to see only books from Subject Reference, Quotations, English Dictionaries, or Bilingual Dictionaries
- By subject – choose to see only books from any of the available subjects in Oxford Reference
- By content set – choose to see only books from Quick Reference or from Reference Library (for more information please visit About)
- By illustrations – choose to see only books that contain illustrations
Tips on finding a particular book in Oxford Reference
Searching and browsing in Oxford Reference defaults to showing entries rather than books, but there are several ways to find books on the site, including:
- Type all, or part of, a book title into the quick search box (e.g. ‘english literature’), press go, and tab to book view to see all books with ‘english literature’ in their title, or description
- Click a subject from the subject browse panel at the top of the page (e.g. Music), which displays all entries in that subject area, and tab to book view to see all books in that subject
- Click a reference type from the reference type browse panel at the top of the page (e.g. Subject Reference), which displays all entries in that reference type, and tab to book view to see all books in that reference type
Every book has a book home page displaying bibliographic information, a browse list of all its entries, a contents list of any available front and end matter such as contributor information and appendices, and a ‘search within this work’ box. See for example A Dictionary of Critical Theory.
If you use a particular book regularly, why not create a shortcut to its home page in your browser? In addition, users can sign in to their individual accounts and click the ‘Save’ icon on highly used book home pages to add them to their My Content list, making it easy to click back to them at any time while on the site. See My Work for more information.
The Excel Title List contains the book home page URLs for all the titles in Oxford Reference.
Oxford Reference Scheduled Updates
Oxford Quick Reference: Entries within the collection are updated monthly, in addition to 3 major updates a year with new titles and editions to the collection
Oxford Reference Library: New major reference titles are added throughout the year, with new editions publishing periodically