This page covers:
A Quick search looks up your term anywhere in the text of OR.
1. Type or paste the term you want to find in the main Search box at the top right of each page.
2. Click or press Enter.
3. The results of your search are displayed in the Results list.
4. Click on any of the items in the list to view it.
- To search for a phrase, enclose it in inverted commas (e.g. “the quality of mercy is not strained”).
- The full content of padlocked books and entries are unavailable under your subscription. Use the following filter (situated to the left of the ‘You are looking at…’ box ) to show only the results from content which your subscription gives you full access to:
You can confine your search to one or more subjects if you wish.
1. Click the checkbox:
2. Choose your subject specialization(s) by clicking and making a choice from the list. (You can display further subcategories within a specialization by clicking the adjacent .)
3. Run a Quick search as usual.
- Your subject specializations are saved between sessions. You do not need to reselect them every time you choose to search.
- To switch back to running an ordinary (non-specialized) Quick search, uncheck the Search within my subject specializations checkbox.